Coffee is a miraculous thing. Consume it or apply it on your face, it works wonders both ways. It is perhaps the most loved and easily available at home natural ingredient which not only energizes you but can make your face luminous too. Rich in anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, coffee as a drink as well as face mask can prevent signs of aging, keep acne at bay and can give you a healthy skin. A circular massage with coffee helps in reduction of cellulite by stimulating blood flow beneath the skin. A coffee mask due to its caffeine element can make your skin look fresh and supple like never before.
Benefits of Coffee Face Mask
- Natural exfoliation: With its unique texture, coffee is the best face scrub and face mask that you can lay your hands on. Being a natural exfoliator, it not only takes away the dead skin but adds a natural glow to your face. Coffee face mask restores the lost sheen on a dry and tired looking face.
- Skin brightening: A face mask of coffee with milk can make your skin look lighter and brighter instantly as coffee can take off the dead outer layer of the skin revealing the fresh and more luminous skin tone. Make a thick paste of coffee with milk, apply as a face mask, leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water to discover a new glow on your face.
- Puffy eye and dark circle reduction: Application of coffee mask around your eyes can not only reduce the appearance of dark circles but it also reduces the puffiness by shrinking blood vessels. The anti-oxidants in coffee help restore the natural texture and healthy skin around your eyes. You can apply the coffee grounds over your eyelid and under eye areas, leave them for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water. A regular application of the coffee mask can make your eyes significantly brighter and even toned.
DIY Coffee Face Masks
Coffee with Coconut Oil Face Mask for Healthy, Younger Looking Skin
While coffee stimulates blood circulation and helps reduce the damages caused by the harsh sun, coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial proprieties to create a protective layer on your skin against pollutants. Coconut oil also moisturizes the skin. Together, coffee and coconut oil can result in a healthy, radiant, younger looking skin. Coffee face mask with coconut oil will help you achieve soft, gorgeous looking skin.
Steps for сoffee and сoconut oil face mask:
- Mix one tablespoon coffee powder with one table spoon of coconut oil to make thick paste
- Wash your face and pat dry gently
- Apply the mask evenly on your face
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Massage gently before washing
- Rinse you face with lukewarm water and use a soft towel to wipe off the remains of the paste
Apply this mask 2 to 3 times in a week for a radiant skin.
Coffee and Honey Face Mask for Instant Brightening
Honey is known for its instant complexion boosting properties. A natural antibacterial and full of anti oxidants, honey combined with coffee can give you a few shades lighter complexion almost instantly after the application of the face mask. Honey retains the moisture on skin while coffee keeps it hydrated and supple. Coffee and honey face mask is also helpful to deal with acne and for a natural glow on the face.
Steps for coffee and honey face mask:
- Make a thick paste with honey and coffee
- Clean your neck and face before applying the mask
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Massage your face gently in circular motion for a couple of minutes before rinsing the mask off
- Wash your face with normal water
Use this face pack at least twice a week for a lighter, plump skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar, Coffee and Bentonite Clay Mask for Healthy, Clear skin
Apple cider vinegar is a natural astringent which clears your skin of blemishes and other spots like nothing else under the sun. Bentonite clay hardens on skin after application and extracts bacteria as well as toxins from the pores. And the above two combined with coffee make an absolute amazing face mask which can give healthy, radiant skin.
Steps for apple cider vinegar, coffee and bentonite clay mask:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of clay, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of ground coffee to make a thick spreadable paste. Use water (if needed) to get the consistency right.
- Apply on your face by spreading it with a finger. Avoid applying around eyes as the clay will be hardened
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes
- Massage with light fingers because the coffee will be slight coarse in texture working as a perfect exfoliator
- Wash your face with water and apply moisturizer to avoid dryness.
Apply once in a week for beautiful skin.
Now that you know how great coffee can be for your skin, what are you waiting for? Make yourself a cup of coffee and apply
some on your face to have a fresh mind and face both.