Brief Therapy North East was formed in 1998. The objectives and aims were defined at the time as being:-
- To provide a mutually supportive network for those who use Brief Therapy, in particular Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
- To encourage the development and application of Brief Therapy, in particular Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
- To encourage research into Brief Therapy, in particular Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
Over time BTNE has developed the additional activities of:-
- Hosting workshops likely to be of interest to the membership.
- Organising an annual study day.
- Collating a newsletter which is both a channel of communication and a bulletin board for members to share contributions
- Keeping abreast of support groups in the region which may be of relevance to members.
Elections are held at an Annual Meetings notified to the membership via the newsletter and through a group email.
We aim to have four meetings a year, one of which is a study day. Details of the dates and venues are to be found on our website.
The 2013 Study Day is in Newscastle upon Tyne on Friday 19th April. Thus year's 12 workshops include Sue Young on "Beyond anti-bullying'; Andrew Callcott on "The SF Toolbox", Annessa Rebair on "Care Co-ordination" and a host of other possibiolities including team building, power, range and potential. See the website below for more information.
The newsletter is an opportunity for members to share their experience of using SFBT and other matters of interest. The newsletter is also used by BTNE to keep members up to date with decisions taken at our quarterly meetings, advance notice of workshops and information on other training opportunities. The editor for the newsletter is Janine Ross who can be contacted on email@example.com
Our website is www.btne.org